Gold Medallion Diploma
GOLD MEDALLION HONORS DIPLOMA
The Gold Medallion Honors Diploma is offered at all district high schools — North Kansas City, Oak Park, Staley and Winnetonka. Opportunities abound and rewards are great for students seeking Graduation with Honors as Gold Medallion Honors Diploma recipients. Beginning with the Class of 2002, Honor Graduates have replaced Valedictorians and Salutatorians. (Planning Guide)
- Include 8 or more full-year Challenge, Dual Credit and/or AP courses, for a minimum of 26 units of credit.
- Earn a 3.2 grade average or above in all courses in grades 9-12 including college-credit classes. (Correspondence classes will not be included.)
- Participate in 100 hours of community service, tutoring or mentoring.*
- Achieve at Proficient or Advanced on two or more content sections of the End of Course Exam (EOC) at grades 10 and 11, and no lower than Level 2 on any content section, or achieve a score of 26 on the ACT, or 1260 on the SAT.
- Demonstrate technology competencies.
- Complete a School to Career Internship in chosen career path.
- Produce a Senior Exhibition as outlined by Research Methods & Exhibition semesters curricula demonstrating mastery of North Kansas City Schools graduation goals.
- Develop a comprehensive portfolio with examples of best work, extracurricular participation and reflection.