AM & PM Daily Student Announcements Have Moved
Go to Quick Links in the right column of the main page.
- October 28 4:00-8:00 P.M.
- October 30 4:00-7:30 P.M.
- October 31 No School
- Cross Country District Information Click Here. Staley boys and girls compete Saturday, October 25 in the 2014 MSHAA Class four Districts.
- 2014 MSHSAA Football Class five State Tournament Bracket Released. Click Here. Staley defeated Oak Park 42-7 in MSHSAA Class 5/District eight Quarterfinal football game Friday, Oct. 24, 2014 at the NKCSD-DAC. The Falcons advance to the District Semi-final game against Liberty North on Friday October 31, 2014, 7:00 P.M. at the NKCSD-DAC.
- Swim and Dive State Championship Information Click Here. Staley Boys Swim and Dive Team competes in Conference Championships October 24 and October 25 at the Gladstone Community Center. Go to rSchoolToday for details.
Black Out Cancer Relay Raises $2,000
The 5th Annual Black Out Cancer Relay Run last Friday was another huge success. Cash donations totaled $1,100. With t-shirt sales, the Staley and Oak Park Cross Country Teams will be presenting Children's Mercy Hospital a $2,000 check! We thank the community for their support. Merritt Altenhofen, Staley's Cross Country Team Parent Representative coordinated the event.
Picture Retakes October 29
Reed Portrait Group will return to Staley High School on Wednesday, October 29 to retake school pictures.
Clement and Thimgan Claim
All-State Honors in Tennis
Senior Chloe Clement and Sophomore Natalie Thimgan earned an opportunity to compete in the State Girls Tennis Tournament this passed weekend. The girls placed 8th in the State of Missouri in Class two Doubles competition. Their finish in the tournament earned them the recognition of All-State. They become the first tennis athletes from Staley to accomplish this distinguished honor. Mrs. Tammy Harmon is the coach. Congratulations!
Staley Cheerleaders 2nd in State
Congratulations to Staley Varsity Cheer for placing 2nd at MCCA State Cheer Championship in the Superlarge division. Mrs. Jenn Newman is the Head Cheer Coach.
Staley High School a Top 2014
Newsweek (Daily Beast) used six indicators to compare public high schools in the United States. Graduation and college acceptance rates were weighed most heavily. Other criteria included: college-level courses and exams, percentage of students with free or reduced lunch, as well as SAT and ACT scores - another mark of how well a school prepares students for college. Staley High School is ranked 313 in the United States according to Newsweek (Daily Beast). Click on the red badge for more information.
Newly Chartered Beta Club Inducts 160 Staley Students
Click Here for More.
Annual Veterans Day Assembly Announced
Staley will honor local Veterans with an assembly on Tuesday, November 11. All local Veterans are invited to attend. Please call Staley High School at 816-413-4100 to RSVP. We have a VIP seat for you. Time of event TBD. Below is a picture of a previous Veterans Day Assembly at Staley High School and our honored guests.
Boys Basketball Test New Waters
Click Here for more information.
Click on the cover for the latest Talon.
Staley High School...There's an app for that!
Click on the image to download the Staley High School app today! 734 people have downloaded the app so far. To view a quick one minute 15 second tutorial on how the app works, Click Here.
UPDATED LIST of STALEY CLUBS & ACTIVITIES - Click here!