Online Registration Information
Families NEW to North Kansas City Schools: Please click here to read about your online registration process and enrollment procedures. New families, also be sure to come to the Chapel Hill front office sometime on or after July 24th to provide proof of residency, current immunization records, and a certified copy of your child's birth certificate.
Families of RETURNING students, the new online registration system is LIVE! Follow these steps to complete registration:
- Create your account in PowerSchool Parent Portal (click on link). Directions are available here. (Parents of secondary students may have this step completed from previous year.)
- Follow the link in the Parent Portal to complete the registration process in the online enrollment system InfoSnap. This program will guide you step-by-step through the enrollment process.
- Please watch this short video to see a tutorial of the registration process. Click here to watch the presentation.
What information do I need to fill out the form?
In order to save time, it is important to gather required documents that will be needed for registration and ensure you have access to update your student's medical and personal information. The required documents include:
- PowerSchool Parent Access information for each child you are registering. Your child's parent access information is specific to him/her. This login information was sent to you previously at the end of the school year, at the end of summer school, and again in the mail recently. Once you reach the Parent Portal, follow the “Create an Account” steps in the PowerSchool Parent Portal.
- Updated medical information including an up-to-date Immunization Record.
- Updated personal records. For example:
- Current home addresses
- Updated cell phone numbers to contact guardians
- Updated cell phone numbers for emergency contacts
If you are new to our school or do not have internet access for online registration, you can come to the building to register Tuesday, July 25th or Wednesday, July 26th, 10am-1pm or 2pm-6pm. Computers and staff will be available to help you. Instructions to complete online registration are available in English and Spanish within the InfoSnap system.
Proof of Residence
Each student registering to enroll in the North Kansas City Schools is required to provide proof of residency documentation during the enrollment process. For those who have not shown residency, proof of residency must be brought into the school office beginning Monday, July 24th. The proof of residency documentation includes two forms:
- A current rental agreement, mortgage statement or property tax receipt, AND
- A current utility bill (gas, water, electric) upon which your address is printed
We are excited to provide online registration to the parents, and guardians, of the North Kansas City Schools. If you need any help with the process, or additional information, don’t hesitate to contact our front office once we reopen on July 24th.
2017-2018 Parent Handbook
Links are available to students to popular programs provided by NKC Schools. Find the link under Resources at left, under Quick Links above or by clicking here!
Mid-Continent Public Library offers students K-12 live homework help from tutor.com. It is FREE. Students just need to register and get a card. Tutor.com will connect students with live, expert tutors for one-to-one help with their homework assignments. They can use Tutor.com from their home computer or inside the library to complete assignments and improve grades.
Direct questions about the program to Mid Continent Public Library at email@example.com. Register to get a card at https://www.mymcpl.org/catalog/get-card. The link to get started is: https://www.mymcpl.org/homework.