STEPS TO STUDENT TEACH IN THE NORTH KANSAS CITY SCHOOL DISTRICT:
- Cumulative grade point average of 3.0 or above
- Grades in the core areas or area of certification/specialty at a B or above
- Security clearance through State Highway Patrol or FBI
- Behavior during the student teaching experience that aligns with staff expectations as outlined in the NKC Schools Board of Education policies.
The following materials, in conjunction with any forms required by the sponsoring university/college, are required to be submitted to NKC Schools:
- Philosophy of Education
- Official transcripts from sponsoring university/college
- Personal information sheet indicating contact information if one is not contained in the university/college student teaching materials.
Participation in the Co-Teach model for student teaching is required.
Must submit a completed application by the applicable deadline.
- Fall session deadline: April 15
- Spring session deadline: October 15
- Summer session deadline: April 15
Requests to student teach in the district are only accepted from a sponsoring university/college. Student teachers are asked not to contact individual teachers or building administrators to obtain information for a student teaching placement.
For more information about NKC Schools or the student teaching placement process, contact (816) 321-5847.
Interns develop their skills in all areas of competence through general experience and individualized growth plans that they develop in consultation with their supervisor.
- All paid internship opportunities will be posted on our Career Opportunities page.
- For non-paid internships, please work through your university/college.
North Kansas City Schools offers an internship in School Psychology for students in Ed.S. or Ph.D. programs. This program provides a broad range of training experiences across educational settings, and meets all pre-doctoral internship requirements as outlined by the CDSPP. For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
>>School Psychology Internship Brochure