Families NEW to North Kansas City Schools: Please click here to read about your online registration process and enrollment procedures.
Families of RETURNING students, continue reading the information below!
North Kansas City Schools is excited to announce a new online registration process for the 2017-18 school year for all students. Online registration will be available in July 2017. Families will have convenient 24 hours a day, seven days a week access to the registration feature.
If you do not have Internet access for online registration, contact your attending school for dates you can come to the building to register. Computers and staff will be available to help you. Instructions to complete online registration are available in English and Spanish.
Follow these steps to complete registration:
- Create your account in PowerSchool Parent Portal. Directions are available here. (Parents of secondary students may have this step completed from previous year. You must have an account created in Parent Portal to complete the registration process.)
- Follow the link in the Parent Portal to complete the registration process.
- Please watch this short video to see a tutorial of the registration process. Click here to watch the presentation.
What information do I need to fill out the form?
In order to save time, it is important to gather required documents that will be needed for registration and ensure you have access to update your student's medical and personal information. The required documents include:
- PowerSchool Parent Access information for each child you are registering. If you do not have an account, you will need to contact the school your child will attend for a Parent Access Letter. Then, follow the “Create an Account” steps in the PowerSchool Parent Portal.
- Updated medical information including an up-to-date Immunization Record.
- Updated personal records. For example:
- Current home addresses
- Updated cell phone numbers to contact guardians
- Updated cell phone numbers for emergency contacts
Proof of Residence
Each student registering to enroll in the North Kansas City Schools is required to provide proof of residency documentation during the enrollment process. The proof of residency documentation includes two forms:
- A current rental agreement, mortgage statement or property tax receipt, AND
- A current utility bill (gas, water, electric) upon which your address is printed
This requirement is consistent with Missouri Law and reflected in the Board of Education policies of North Kansas City Schools.
Providing the required proof of residency documentation will allow the district to maintain accurate student records and help ensure district resources are being used for the students, parent and community members of North Kansas City Schools.
We are excited to provide online registration to the parents, and guardians, of the North Kansas City Schools. If you need any help with the process, or additional information, don’t hesitate to contact your current building administrative team.