North Kansas City Schools is excited to announce a new online registration process for the 2017-18 school year for all students. Online registration will be available in July 2017. Families will have convenient 24 hours a day, seven days a week access to the registration feature.
If you do not have Internet access for online registration, please contact your attending school for dates you can come to the building to register. Computers and staff will be available to help you. Instructions to complete online registration are available in English and Spanish.
Follow these steps to complete registration:
- Create your account in InfoSnap. Click here to access the InfoSnap website to create your account.
- Once the account is created, you will receive an email with your InfoSnap code and link to enrollment site.
- Log in to your account to complete the enrollment paperwork.
- Please watch this short video to see a tutorial of the registration process. Click here to watch the presentation.
What information do I need to fill out the form?
In order to save time, it is important to gather required documents that will be needed for registration and ensure you have access to update your student's medical and personal information. The required documents include:
- Updated medical information including an up-to-date Immunization Record.
- Updated personal records. For example:
- Current home addresses
- Updated cell phone numbers to contact guardians
- Updated cell phone numbers for emergency contacts
Proof of Residence
Each student registering to enroll in the North Kansas City Schools is required to provide proof of residency documentation during the enrollment process. The proof of residency documentation includes two forms:
- A current rental agreement, mortgage statement or property tax receipt, AND
- A current utility bill (gas, water, electric) upon which your address is printed
This requirement is consistent with Missouri Law and reflected in the Board of Education policies of North Kansas City Schools.
Providing the required proof of residency documentation will allow the district to maintain accurate student records and help ensure district resources are being used for the students, parent and community members of North Kansas City Schools.
We are excited to provide online registration to the parents, and guardians, of the North Kansas City Schools. If you need any help with the process, or additional information, don’t hesitate to contact your current building administrative team.
Enrollment in North Kansas City Schools is continuous and available at each school site. Documents that parents are requested to bring at the time of enrollment include:
A child will be eligible for admission to kindergarten if the child reaches the age of five before the first day of August of the school year beginning in that calendar year. The child should be enrolled at the elementary school which serves the family's neighborhood.
Parents should contact their local elementary school in the early spring to request information about kindergarten roundup and open houses held during April and May in the district's 21 elementary schools.
The state of Missouri requires parents to present immunization records for each child including DTP, polio, mumps and both measles vaccines (rubeola and rubella). For a complete listing of those immunizations, visit the Missouri Department of Health.
A child must be one of the following:
- Adequately immunized — evidenced by dates provided to the school.
- In the process of becoming adequately immunized — evidenced by providing the proper "in-progress" card to the school.
- Properly exempted — evidenced by the proper medical or religious exception, signed and provided to the school.
Because district elementary school enrollment involves a health screening, parents will need to call their neighborhood school to schedule an appointment during the school's enrollment period. The simple screenings performed by the school nurse include checking the child's eyes, ears, height and weight.
PARENT NOTE: These represent only some of the requirements parents fulfill as they enroll their child in district schools. Because certain requirements vary from school to school, please check with your child's principal to see what additional paperwork may be required.