Oak Park A+ Program Details
Greeting from the Oak Park A+ desk!
We have put all of our information and forms online (via google form).
What the A+ Program is all about?
Students who meet the criteria listed below may be eligible to have tuition and general fees paid to any Missouri public community college or career-technical school. Funding for the Student Financial Incentives portion of the A+ Scholarship Program is the sole responsibility of the State of Missouri. The A+ Scholarship Program may provide these educational incentives subject to legislative approval. Funds become available the semester following the student's graduation.
The following criteria must be met for eligibility in the A+ Student Financial Incentive Program:
1. Be a U.S. citizen, eligible non-citizen or lawfully present in the U.S.;
2. Attend a designated A+ high school for two years prior to graduation;
3. Have at least 95% attendance record overall for grades 9-12; North Kansas City Schools provides the process
for an attendance or citizenship appeal; contact the A+ Coordinator.
4. Graduate with an overall grade point average of 2.5 or higher on a 4.0 scale;
5. Perform at least fifty (50) hours of unpaid academic tutoring which is connected to North Kansas City.
6. Maintain a record of good citizenship and avoid the unlawful use of drugs and/or alcohol or acts of violence;
7. Students must have achieved a score of proficient or advanced on the Algebra I End-of-Course exam or a higher level DESE approved end-of-course exam in the field of mathematics or meet one of the ACT and GPA sliding scale requirements:
Exam Minimum Score/GPA
ACT Math Sub Score 17 with a 2.50 GPA or greater
ACT Math Sub Score 16 with a 2.80 GPA or greater
ACT Math Sub Score 15 with a 3.00 GPA or greater
Algebra I, Algebra II & Geometry End-of-Course Proficient or Advanced
To access the incentive, each A+ eligible student must:
*Make a documented, good faith effort to secure all available federal post-secondary student financial assistance funds that do not require repayment (FAFSA).
*Male students at 18 years of age must register with the selective Service.
The student financial incentive will be available for a period of four years after high school graduation. To maintain eligibility during that time, each participating student must enroll and attend a Missouri public community college or career-technical school on a full-time basis and maintain a GPA or 2.5 or higher.
I am hereby enrolling in the program and providing permission for the release of A+ Scholarship Program information, including student records, to the institutions chosen by the student as well as to the MDHE.
Information and helpful forms all found in the links below.
Oak A+ Communication Addresses and Contacts
825 NE 79th Ter
Kansas City, MO 64118
(816) 321-5320 (main line)
(816) 321-5321 (fax line)
Dr. Mike Dial, A+ Coordinator (816) 321-4474
Kris Roberts, A+ Administrative Assistant (816) 321-6002