Employee Engagement Survey Now Open
On Wednesday, May 4, all NKC Schools staff members received an email from Dr. Clemens with a link to take the annual Employee Engagement Survey. Paper copies are also available; please ask your supervisor if you'd prefer this option. Your feedback is valuable and appreciated as we look to continually improve our systems and serve as champions for all.
Perfect Attendance & AAPL Payout: Deadline is Friday, May 27
Certified and classified staff with Annual Approved Paid Leave (AAPL) may be eligible to cash out unused AAPL to be paid out on June 28, including a Perfect Attendance incentive day if one has been earned in either semester. To be eligible for the AAPL payout, a minimum of 30 days of Carryover Approved Paid Leave (CAPL) must be in your CAPL account.
- Choose to have your AAPL cashed out. If you choose to receive payout for AAPL, ALL of your accrued AAPL days will be cashed out, which will mean that only your Carryover Approved Paid Leave (CAPL) will remain. CAPL can ONLY be used for time off related to health issues. Most FMLA-qualifying events would allow for the use of CAPL.
- Choose to have your Perfect Attendance incentive cashed out. The 30-day CAPL minimum does not apply to Perfect Attendance cash out.
- Choose to have both AAPL and Perfect Attendance cashed out. (Again, if you choose to receive payout for AAPL, you will cash out ALL of your accrued AAPL days and only CAPL will remain.)
- Choose to have neither one cashed out.
If you choose not to request a payout, both AAPL and Perfect Attendance will be rolled into your CAPL accrual after the end of the school year. This will be the default choice if you take no action.
To review your accrual balances, log in to the Kronos website at nkcschools.kronos.net using your district ID and password. Open the “My Reports” link. Select the “My Accrual Balances and Projections”. Input a date within the current school year and click “View Report”.
If you want to cash out your AAPL and/or Perfect Attendance incentive day(s), you MUST sign on to Employee Online by 5:00 PM on Friday, May 27 and select your payout options.
Employee Online Instructions
Go to Employee Online at: https://emponline.nkcschools.org/
- Log in with your regular network username and password.
- Select Menu in the upper left corner, and in the drop down select NKC
- In the new menu on the right, under Human Resources select Leave Payout
- To make your AAPL & Perfect Attendance Payout selections:
- Indicate your selections using the Yes/No dropdowns
- After making your selections, be sure to click on the Save icon in the upper right of the Leave Payout screen
- When you save, “Selections Updated” will briefly appear at the top and the date of your entry will be shown at the bottom
Further information about qualifying for this Cash Out option, and for the Perfect Attendance Incentive, can be found in Board Policy:
GCBDA: Professional Staff Short-Term Leaves and Absences under Approved Paid Leave (APL)
GDBDA: Support Staff Leaves and Absences under Approved Paid Leave (APL)
Kahler Grant Winners
NKC Schools’ Education Foundation awarded 23 grants totaling more than $35,000 to staff members across the district! Winners were surprised during the annual Great Grant Giveaway on Tuesday, April 19. The Kahler Grant program is named in memory of Dr. Dan Kahler, a retired district principal whose gift established the grant fund. Since 1997, the Education Foundation has provided 346 grants totaling half a million dollars.
New BusinessPlus Coming in May
The new version of BusinessPlus will be available beginning Monday, May 9. Internet Explorer is going away, requiring BusinessPlus to upgrade and move to different browsers. The upgrade will provide greater access and usability for all.
Here’s what you can expect:
- Employee Online will have a new, updated look.
- BusinessPlus will be shut down and unavailable beginning the evening of Tuesday, May 3 until the update is complete on Monday, May 9.
- Those who work with BusinessPlus frequently (including administrators and administrative assistants) will receive information about training from Purchasing and/or Finance.
- You will still be able to access Kronos throughout the update period. However, as both systems are connected, all timecard corrections and approvals due the week of May 2 will need to be completed by Tuesday, May 3, 2022.
2022 Culture of Excellence Honor Cadres
Congratulations to our 2022 Culture of Excellence Honor Cadres! These thirty individuals were nominated by their colleagues as outstanding representatives of NKC Schools who exemplify a spirit of service and demonstrate excellence in all they do. Heather Beeson was named Volunteer of the Year and the Clay County Sheriff’s Office was honored as Business of the Year during the annual Culture of Excellence Celebration on March 29.
Service Honor Cadre
Kim Black – Northgate
Joy Donnell – Eastgate
Jackie Fabert – Staley
Markel Fluker – Winnetonka
Joy Ganaban – Northview
Kare Kerns – Meadowbrook
Teri Mann – Antioch
Bear McCulley – Safety & Security
Sarah Olmedo – Clardy
Sheperd Owens – Safety & Security
Aliza Perea – Winnwood
Hilary Schowengerdt – Chapel Hill
Jill Scott – Staley
Stacey Walker – Academic Services
Kelly Winger – Antioch
Teaching Honor Cadre
Sherrie Brown – Chapel Hill
Laura Gitterman – Northgate
Madeline Hendren – Fox Hill
Emily Horn – Antioch
Kristi Kennedy – Gateway
Alison Latcham – Antioch
Kari Lund – SAGE Center
Rachael Michael – Rising Hill
Angela Nakoulima – Eastgate
Misty Navarro – New Mark
Kali Schoening – Nashua
Jeff Steadman – Crestview
DeAirra Trent – Winnwood
Nichole Unsell – NKCHS
Amy White – Winnetonka
Refer A Substitute & Earn $100
Do you know someone who’d be interested in serving as a substitute in our schools? Refer a new employee to Kelly Education and earn a $100 referral bonus! Current district employees are eligible; click here to learn more.
New Partnership with Grand Canyon University
NKC Schools is excited to share a new educational partnership with Grand Canyon University and the Participants in Learning, Leading and Serving (PLLS) program. This partnership program provides all district employees, students, and parents of students with a variety of benefits, including tuition scholarships, professional development opportunities and more. Click here to learn more.
At the September 28, 2021 Board meeting, the Board of Education approved a new COVID leave option for employees who are required to quarantine, have tested positive, or are caring for others. See more information here.
Employee Assistance Program
An EAP (Employee Assistance Program) offers you and your immediate family members confidential, personal and web-based support on a variety of topics such as stress management.
Customer Service: 888-319-7819
User Name: metlifeeap
Access: 24 hours a day/7 days a week
Eligibility: NKC Schools Employees and Immediate Family Members
We know the pandemic has us all under more stress than normal. Please remember you have access to help through our EAP!