About SAGE (Students in Academically Gifted Education)
Serves: close to 700 academically gifted Kindergarten - 8th grade students at Northland Innovation Campus - SAGE Center
Colors: Dark Blue & Gold
Mantra: We illuminate the way as we light up the world with our gifts!
What We Do: Students work in a one-to-world computing environment where students have access to various technological resources. Technology use is embedded throughout the instructional practices, with students utilizing multiple digital tools to share, create and present.
In a typical day at the SAGE Center, choices are abundant for students of all ages. Students have opportunities to reach their highest levels of learning through units of study that involve real-world problem solving, critical thinking skills, affective learning independent study, collaborative opportunities, local competitions and foreign language.
Students in the SAGE program at the high school level benefit from personalized services allowing each to maximize his or her capabilities. A Gifted Resource Specialist (GRS) who serves as an adviser to the gifted students in grades 9-12 is located at each high school.
As the heart of the gifted community, the mission of the SAGE Center is to ensure all students, as members of a global society, foster their uniqueness, develop their potential, and embrace their true belonging through learning experiences distinguished by:
- Courageous exploration and discovery of passions in a flexible and innovative environment
- Support systems for students, staff, and community
- Ownership and self-regulation in a student-driven culture
- Each student will discover their innate value as a person and their ability to bring change to the world.
- Each student will pursue pathways to higher learning with a commitment to excellence.
- All students will look beyond the school walls for experiences benefitting themselves and their community.