Construction Career Academy
The full-time Kansas City Construction Career Academy (KCCCA) is open to all students entering their junior year of high school during the 2018-2019 school year who meet the qualification standards outlined below. Students who pursue this opportunity will attend the MCC Business Technology Center full-time during their junior and senior years of high school. Students engaged in the KCCC Academy are still considered full-time NKC students at their home high schools and are eligible for all MSHAA athletics and activities.
Student Benefits and Outcomes
- Students will have the opportunity to concurrently earn their high school diploma and a full Associate of Applied Sciences degree in Building Maintenance and Construction in two years at the time of their high school graduation at NO ADDITIONAL COST to students or families.
- The college courses are taken at MCC – Business & Technology include core content that fulfills high school graduation requirements.
- Upon successful completion of the program, students will be eligible to be sponsored by one of the program’s partner contractors. The sponsorship will allow these students to start in the field, learning a skilled trade as a first-year apprentice, immediately earning a livable wage, and on track to earning the prevailing wage in their skilled trade.
- These college courses will include several of the CORE 42 classes that are transferrable to any publically-funded four-year college or university in Missouri for students who choose to pursue a four-year college degree.
- Transportation will be provided to and from a student’s home high school.
Minimum Student Qualifications for Consideration
- Cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher
- High school attendance of 80% or higher
- Copy of transcript
- College Readiness – Students need a qualifying ACT score of 18 or higher or will need to take the MCC Accuplacer Test to be accepted. Click HERE for MCC Accuplacer information.
- Completed application and a signed agreement to abide by the expectations and responsibilities of the KCCCA
- Completion of MCC application for enrollment
If you have any additional questions, please also contact Aaron Dalton at email@example.com or 816-321-6652 as soon as possible.