Student Teaching & Internship Opportunities
Qualifications to Student Teach in the North Kansas City School District
- Cumulative grade point average of 3.0 or above
- Grades in the core areas or area of certification/specialty at a B or above
- Security clearance through State Highway Patrol or FBI
- Behavior during the student teaching experience that aligns with staff expectations as outlined in the NKC Schools Board of Education policies.
- Participation in the Co-Teach model for student teaching is required.
Student Teaching Application Process
Applicants must submit a completed application by the applicable deadline and a formal placement requestfrom the sponsoring college/university by the applicable deadline.
- Fall session deadline: April 15
- Spring session deadline: October 15
- Summer session deadline: April 15
Requests to student teach in the district are only accepted from a sponsoring university/college. Student teachers are asked not to contact individual teachers or building administrators to obtain information for a student teaching placement.
For more information about NKC Schools or the student teaching placement process, contact (816) 321-5847.
Interns develop their skills in all areas of competence through general experience and individualized growth plans that they develop in consultation with their supervisor.
- All paid internship opportunities will be posted on our Career Opportunities page.
- For non-paid internships, please work through your university/college.
School Psychology Internship
North Kansas City Schools offers an internship in School Psychology for students in doctoral programs. The Kansas City School Psychology Internship (KCSPI) provides a broad range of training experiences across educational settings, including summer rotations in clinical settings. Our interns gain specialized experience in assessment, intervention, and MTSS. The KCSPI is a member of the Association of Psychology Postdoctoral and Internship Centers (APPIC). Applications are accepted through the APPIC match program. For more information, please review our materials or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.