Course requirements for all Diploma options.
North Kansas City Schools currently offers five-diploma options for graduates, all requiring 26 credits:
Graduates are recognized as having met entrance requirements for most Missouri universities. Work with your Counselor for more guidance.
Graduates receive honors and are recognized for completing a rigorous program designed to meet all entrance requirements for the University of Missouri system as well as most universities nationwide.
- AP Capstone Diploma (beginning with the Class of 2020)
Graduates receive honors and are recognized for completing the AP Capstone courses, earning a 3 or above on the assessments, as well as earning a 3 or above on four additional AP courses throughout their high school career.
Graduates receive honors and are recognized for completing rigorous international curricula designed to meet the entrance requirements of the world’s best universities. IB Class Guide
Graduates receive honors and are recognized for completing rigorous international curricula combined with a career pathway to enter the workforce and/or to meet the entrance requirements of higher learning institutions. IB Class Guide
Paths to Graduation
+Personal Finance will be an online course, with blended support
++AP Seminar and AP Research - Optional for students pursuing IBCP
- Seniors must successfully complete all graduation requirements prior to participation in graduation ceremonies.
- Students must pass the U.S. /MO Constitution Test as a requirement for graduation.
- Students entering 9th grade after July 1, 2017 must pass the Missouri Civics Education Initiative (MCEI) Exam as a graduation requirement.
- Students must complete all EOC (End of Course) requirements and seniors are required to complete one of these assessments before graduation: ACT/SAT, ASVAB or WorkKeys.
- Students must complete a 30-minute CPR Training.
- A+ Benefits are available with all diploma options when all A+ criteria are met.