Parent University Sessions
Learn More About Canvas: Recorded Sessions
Surveys have indicated that families would like some additional support around Canvas. All families were invited to join us on December 3 and 4 to learn more about it its use. Sessions were recorded for those who were unable to join us live.If your student is in kindergarten through eighth grade, view the recorded session here.If your student is in high school, the session recording is available here.
August 5: K-12 Learning Options for 2020-2021
View the flyer or read more below about the spectrum of learning options that NKC Schools will provide for our students during the 2020-2021 school year. For further questions, contact your building principal or utilize the Let's Talk platform for specific concerns.
NKC Schools instructional leaders also hosted two live Parent University sessions on Wednesday, August 5. This provided an opportunity for families to learn more about each option and how it may look for their student. The session was recorded and is available on the NKC Schools YouTube channel here.
NKC Schools has hosted several Parent University sessions to assist families with e-Learning. Recoreded sessions help with topics such as:
- Partnering with Your Student During e-Learning
- Navigating Canvas and Managing Your Notifications
- Getting Connected with the Seesaw Family App
- Structuring the Day with Your Student
- ... and many more!
Our Instructional Technology YouTube channel is a great resource for both families and students, offering simple videos to support e-Learning.
Parent University Training Videos
April 30 Session
April 27 Sessions
April 23 Sessions
- Accompanying presentation: https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/187JjGs_-qLVd32VKBLAYFC0zF_FZaWA8AVnarjMIJ-s/edit?usp=sharing
- Accompanying article: https://www.edutopia.org/article/7-guiding-principles-parents-teaching-home
April 20 Sessions
April 13 Sessions
April 9 Sessions
April 6 Sessions