A+ Schools Program - Eligibility
The following criteria must all be met for eligibility in the A+ Student Financial Incentive Program:
1. Attend an A+ designated school for two years prior to graduation;
2. Have at least a 95% attendance record for the four-year period;
3. Graduate with a grade point average of 2.5 or higher on a 4-point scale;
4. Perform fifty (50) hours of unpaid academic tutoring which is connected to North Kansas City Schools and supervised by a district employee.
5. Maintain a record of good citizenship and avoidance of unlawful use of alcohol or drugs or acts of violence.
6. Students must score proficient or advanced on the end of course exam (EOC) in Algebra I, Geometry or Algebra II. They may also qualify by achieving a 17 on the ACT math sub-score.
North Kansas City Schools provides a provides a process for an attendance or citizenship appeal.
To access the incentive, each A+ eligible student must:
-Make a documented, good faith effort to secure all available federal post-secondary student financial assistance funds that do not require repayment (FASFA).
-Male students at 18 years of age must register with the Selective Service.