NKC Schools Early Education Center Tuition Paid Program
EEC’s Tuition Paid preschoolers are a part of blended-age, multi-funded sourced classrooms grounded in the Project Construct Framework. Our classrooms are designed for our preschoolers to develop their knowledge and social-emotional skills through their interactions with the physical and social environment. Our curriculum is developed using the MO Early Learning Goals and aligns with the NKC Schools’ school-age curriculum. Teachers provide a caring and nurturing environment while providing our preschoolers with a structured day that is developmentally appropriate. We look forward to partnering with families to help develop lifelong learners.
Our classrooms will have up to 20 preschoolers ages 3 and 4. These blended-age classrooms will be led by a certificated teacher and a paraprofessional ensuring a 10 to 1 student ratio. Once registration is complete, families will be asked to complete an online screening process that will help with class placement. Classes will be as balanced as possible using age, gender, and screening scores.
NKC Schools’ Tuition Paid program Spring enrollment is available for up to 80 children ages 3 and 4. Of the 80 slots, 40 are open to NKC Schools’ residents. The remaining 40 slots are reserved for NKC Schools’ employees. Eligible preschoolers must be 3 or 4 on or before July 31, 2021 and not kindergarten eligible. Students that turn three on or after August 1st, 2021 may apply on or after the child’s third birthday. A waitlist will be created and maintained throughout the school year. After June 7, 2021, any of the 40 seats not taken by NKC Schools’ employees will be filled with community applications who are on the waiting list using the community rate.
Students must live within the boundaries of NKC Schools or the legal guardian of the student must be an employee of the district to be eligible for NKC Schools’ Early Education Center Tuition Paid program. Priority of the employee discounted spots will be given to those employees who live in the district. Employees who live outside of NKC Boundaries can register beginning April 20, 2021, through the parent portal.
Students who are a part of the NKC Schools Early Education Center Tuition Paid program are not eligible for district-provided transportation. Families are responsible for transportation.
The Tuition Paid program will follow the NKC Schools’ Academic Calendar. Information about summer programming will be publicized after the first of the year.
The 2021-2022 Tuition Paid rates are calculated according to NKC Schools' Academic Calendar, beginning August 23, 2021, and ending May 27, 2022. NKC Schools’ Early Education Tuition Schedule
Tuition costs cover breakfast, lunch, and a snack provided by NKC Schools’ Food and Nutrition Services. Meals and snacks will be delivered to the classrooms and served family-style when applicable.
- Open registration for the 2021-2022 school year will begin at 7:00 a.m., Tuesday, March 23 through the Parent Portal .
- Online Registration is on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Creating an account for new families will not be an option in EZ Childtrack until registration goes live at 7:00 am on March 23rd. This year, all families are new families.
- Registration cannot be done on a mobile device. Please use a desktop or laptop computer to complete the registration.
- No walk-ins nor phone enrollments will be accepted.
- If your child is eligible, there is a non-refundable, non-transferable registration fee of $50.00 for the school year. The registration fee will be charged and applied to your account at the time of registration.
- You will receive a confirmation e-mail when your registration has been submitted. A second confirmation e-mail from the Early Education office will be sent when your application has been reviewed and approved.
- Tuition is paid monthly and is billed around the 1st of each month. Payment will be considered late if paid after midnight on the 15th of each month and a late fee of $30.00 will be applied.
- The Parent Portal will establish a waiting list once the 40 community paid slots and the 40 employee paid slots are filled. These preschoolers will be offered the opportunity to enroll in the order in which the registration was submitted.
- Employees who live outside of NKC Boundaries are eligible for registration beginning April 20, 2021. If the 40 employee spots are filled, families will be added to the wait list.
- Students will remain on the waiting list until they are placed in the preschool program or until removed from the list in writing by a parent/guardian or are no longer eligible due to age.
- Families that are currently enrolled will have first priority to enroll the following year, followed by those on the waiting list, and then open enrollment will begin. Information regarding enrollment will be publicized through multiple district communication avenues. (Employee e-Inside News, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and the NKC Schools website).