Success by 6
From the moment they’re born, children are wired to learn. Research shows that 90 percent of the brain’s growth occurs by age 6. The Success By 6 Resource Center aims to ensure every young child in our community is healthy, safe, nurtured, and enters school ready to succeed.
What will I find in the library?
- A safe play space for children to explore and read
- Educational toys for infants and toddlers
- Puzzles and games for children ages 1-6
- Play-based math and science toys
- Literacy toys that explore letters, rhyming and reading
- Creative play kits for toddlers and preschoolers
- Books and toys to help children understand their emotions
- Parenting books and resources
How does the library work?
Guests need to create an online account before checking out toys for the first time.
You may check out 2 items at a time and keep them for up to 2 weeks.
All toys are cleaned and sanitized upon return.
Call the Parents as Teachers office at 816-321-5453
Who can use the library?
Success By 6 is free for residents of Clay and Platte counties. Items in the library can be checked out by:
- aunts and uncles
- child care providers
- preschool teachers
- anyone that works with children ages birth-6
What do I have checked out?
This task is under construction.
Guests will soon be able to see the items they have checked out and when they are due.
Location and Hours
NKC Schools Early Education Center,
(located inside the front entrance)
6479 N Prospect Ave, Gladstone, MO 64119
Open: Monday - Thursday 8:00am - 4:00pm