Success by 6
From the moment they’re born, children are wired to learn. Research shows that 90 percent of the brain’s growth occurs by age 6. The Success By 6 Resource Center aims to ensure every young child in our community is healthy, safe, nurtured, and enters school ready to succeed.
What will I find in the library?
- A safe play space for children to explore and read
- Educational toys for infants and toddlers
- Puzzles and games for children ages 1-6
- Play-based math and science toys
- Literacy toys that explore letters, rhyming and reading
- Creative play kits for toddlers and preschoolers
- Books and toys to help children understand their emotions
- Parenting books and resources
How does the library work?
Guests need to create an online account before checking out toys for the first time.
You may check out 2 items at a time and keep them for up to 2 weeks.
All toys are cleaned and sanitized upon return.
Call the Parents as Teachers office at 816-321-5453
Who can use the library?
Success By 6 is free for residents of Clay and Platte counties. Items in the library can be checked out by:
- aunts and uncles
- child care providers
- preschool teachers
- anyone that works with children ages birth-6
What do I have checked out?
This task is under construction.
Guests will soon be able to see the items they have checked out and when they are due.
Locations and Hours
- NKC Schools Early Education Center
6479 N Prospect Ave, Gladstone, MO 64119
Open: Tuesday - Friday 8:00am - 4:00pm
located inside the front entrance
- North Kansas City Public Library
2251 Howell St, North Kansas City, 64116
Open from 10:30-11:30 immediately following story times on the dates below:
- November 16th & 18th
- December 7th & 9th
- January 4th, 13th, & 18th