Summer Employment Opportunities
Join NKC Schools for our 2022 summer learning program and make a difference for students across the district! We offer several summer learning opportunities to serve our students, including a four-week comprehensive support and enrichment program, K2K opportunities and Extended School Year services.
For current staff members and those interested in working for NKC Schools, please see below for more information on the available opportunities.
How To Apply
Current NKC Schools employees: Submit a Summer School Work Request via Employee Online.
External candidates: Apply via TalentEd here. Summer school postings will note "summer" in the job title.
Summer 2022 Timeline
December 2022: Application window opens for internal and external candidates
January 2022: Placements begin
June to July 2022: 2022 Summer Learning program
June to July 2022: ESY program
Summer School Locations
Summer learning for 2022 will be held at several combined sites across the district.
- Early elementary sites will run 8:45 a.m. to 2:45 p.m. and include Bell Prairie, Gashland, Golden Oaks, Clardy, Lakewood (including ELL programs), Meadowbrook and Rising Hill.
- Late elementary sites will run from 9:15 a.m. to 3:15 p.m. and include Fox Hill, Gracemor, Nashua, Northview, Topping, West Englewood and Norclay.
- Sixth grade summer learning will be held from 8:05 a.m. to 2:05 p.m., including both Eastgate and Gateway.
- Middle school programming will be held from 7:15 a.m. to 1:15 p.m. at Maple Park and Antioch.
Summer certified positions are open in several areas across all grade levels. We have openings in our summer programs for:
- Elementary teachers
- Secondary teachers
- Special Education teachers
- Encore teachers
Extended School Year
North Kansas City Schools' Extended School Year programs serve thousands of district students, providing extra support and instruction over the valuable summer months. We are hiring for several positions for these offerings in June and July, including:
- Special education teachers
- Special education paraprofessionals
- Therapists and related service providers
NKC Schools' summer programs would not be possible without the support of our classified staff! Many positions will be needed next summer, including:
- Transportation: bus drivers and aides
- Food and Nutrition Services: 3-hour and 6-hour opportunities
- Special Education
- English Language Learners
- School Age Child Care (Adventure Club)
- Nursing: LPNs and RNs