A+ Schools Program - Eligibility
The following criteria must all be met for eligibility in the A+ Student Financial Incentive Program:
- Attend an A+ designated school for two years prior to graduation;
- Have at least a 95% attendance record for the four-year period;
- Graduate with a grade point average of 2.5 or higher on a 4-point scale;
- Perform fifty (50) hours of unpaid academic tutoring which is connected to North Kansas City Schools and supervised by a district employee.
- Maintain a record of good citizenship and avoidance of unlawful use of alcohol or drugs or acts of violence.
- Students must score proficient or advanced on the end of course exam (EOC) in Algebra I, Geometry or Algebra II. They may also qualify by achieving a 17 on the ACT math sub-score.
North Kansas City Schools provides a process for an attendance or citizenship appeal. (See A+ Schools Contacts)
To access the incentive, each A+ eligible student must:
- Make a documented, good faith effort to secure all available federal post-secondary student financial assistance funds that do not require repayment (FAFSA).
- Male students at 18 years of age must register with the Selective Service.