Title I Preschool
This outstanding preschool for children turning four on or before July 31 provides opportunities for exploration, discovery, creativity, problem-solving and social interaction. Each class has up to 20 students with a certified teacher and an instructional assistant. Buildings have two classes, one in the morning and one in the afternoon. Children attend 5 half-day sessions, Monday through Friday. The program provides large group, small group and individual activities. This federally-funded program is offered free of charge to those eligible.
The schools offering Early Childhood Preschool classrooms for the 2019/2020 school year include: Bell Prairie, Chouteau, Crestview, Davidson, Gashland, Gracemor, Linden West, Maplewood, Topping, West Englewood and Winnwood.
- The preschool classroom for Bell Prairie, Fox Hill, Nashua, Rising Hill and Northview attendance areas is located at Bell Prairie.
- The preschool classroom for Crestview, Chouteau and Briarcliff attendance areas is located at Chouteau.
- The preschool classroom for Davidson and Oakwood Manor attendance areas is located at Davidson.
- The preschool classroom for Chapel Hill, Clardy, Northview and Gashland attendance areas is located at Gashland.
- The preschool classroom for Linden West and Meadowbrook attendance areas is located at Linden West.
- The preschool classroom for Maplewood and Ravenwood attendance areas is located at Maplewood.
- The preschool classroom for Topping and Ravenwood attendance areas is located at Topping.
- The preschool classroom for Winnwood and Lakewood attendance areas is located at Winnwood.
- The preschool classroom for West Englewood is located at West Englewood.
- The preschool classroom for Gracemor is located at Gracemor
Children who live in the above-listed school attendance areas, and who will be four-years-old on or before July 31, may be eligible for North Kansas City Schools Early Childhood Preschool. The program is federally-funded with the main purpose being to help children most at need. The final test score from screenings is just one part of the criteria used to determine those at most need. Children are placed in scored order by attendance area to determine the initial class roster for the year. All other children are placed on a wait list to be contacted should there be any vacancies in any of the classrooms in the district (not just the attendance area school).
For more information on Title 1 Early Childhood Preschool, contact Courtney Holt at (816) 321-5453.
Free Early Childhood Screenings
North Kansas City Schools offers free Early Childhood screenings to all four-year-old (turning four on or before July 31) children. Screenings are typically conducted January through May for the next school year. Screening in this time frame helps prepare both families and teachers for the next school year. Class rosters will be set for the 2019-2020 school year by August 2019.
If you have a valid email address and would like to register your child for a screening using our convenient online form, please choose one of the dates below and you will be directed to a sign-up page. You will receive a confirmation email or phone call within one week of submitting the form. If you do not want to register online, please call 816-321-5453 and we will be happy to help you. Please be sure to read through the information below prior to registration to ensure your child qualifies for the 2019-2020 school year.
Wait List information!
The spring Title One Preschool screenings for the 2019/2020 school year are now full. We may open additional screening dates during the summer.
If you would like to be placed on a wait list for a screening, please click here and we will contact you when the next screening date is finalized.
The wait list will be contacted in the order in which they were recieved.
Answers to Screening FAQ:
- Your child must be turning 4 years old on or before July 31st, 2019.
- You must live in the North Kansas City School District at the time of enrollment.
- Your child must be present at the screening.
- The screening will take approx. 1 hour.
- Please bring your childs birth certificate and immunization records if they are available.
- Transportation information for the 2019/2020 school year will not be available until summer 2019.
- Screening results will be made available in summer 2019 after all screening dates are complete.