Start your career in North Kansas City Schools. Become a relentless champion for all students.
Our supportive student teaching programs have a rich history of developing professional educators who make a difference for students. When you join NKC Schools, you will have access to a wealth of resources and learning opportunities – and the opportunity to work with the best kids around.
PAID STUDENT TEACHING
Candidates who choose to student teach in NKC Schools will receive a $5,000 stipend per semester in fall 2023 and spring 2024. We are committed to removing barriers and supporting the development of future teachers.
Grow as a teacher, a leader, and a difference-maker in our schools.
North Kansas City Schools is a place where you can follow your passions. Our educators are experts in their craft and experts in the classroom. As a student teacher, you will be paired with an experienced mentor teacher to guide you through the process and support your journey.
We care deeply about building an environment where you can grow. NKC Schools student teachers are provided extensive support from a team of mentors, coaches, administrators and leaders.
Qualifications to Student Teach in NKC Schools
- Cumulative grade point average of 3.0 or above
- Grades in the core areas or area of certification/specialty at a B or above
- Security clearance through State Highway Patrol or FBI
- Behavior during the student teaching experience that aligns with staff expectations as outlined in NKC Schools' Board of Education policies
- Participation in the co-teach model for student teaching
- Completed application and a formal placement request from the sponsoring college/university
Ready to take your next step?
Candidates must submit a completed application and a formal placement request from the sponsoring college/university. North Kansas City Schools welcomes applications for the upcoming semester.
Requests to student teach in the district are only accepted from a sponsoring university/college. Student teachers are asked not to contact individual teachers or building administrators to obtain information for a student teaching placement.
For more information about NKC Schools or the student teaching placement process, contact (816) 321-6580.