An effective assessment program recognizes the relationship between a school district's mission and vision, national and state learning standards, district course curricula, classroom instruction, formative and summative assessment, and student learning. The purpose of the North Kansas City Schools assessment plan is to ensure that assessment is fulfilling its intended role in this relationship.
The goal of the assessment program is to provide students, parents, teachers, administrators, board members and the communities served by the district with accurate, reliable and valid data that may be used to:
- Inform decisions regarding curriculum, instruction and assessment
- Ensure alignment of the district curricula with national and state learning standards
- Inform the integration of technology in the classroom
- Assist in the placement of students in core academic classes
- Assist in the selection of students for advanced academic classes
- Evaluate district programs
- Inform decisions regarding the allocation of district resources
- Inform teacher instruction
- Improve student learning
- Evaluate the college and career readiness of students
- Measure student achievement
- Measure student growth
- Provide accountability for the district's stakeholders
If you have questions about district assessments, please contact the office of Dr. Christopher Shanks at (816) 321-4900.
NKC Schools District Assessment Plan for 2023-24
To view the Assessment Plan on a mobile phone, please use Safari.