In response to feedback from our students, families, and teachers, NKC Schools is continuing to offer a 100% virtual learning option.
For students in kindergarten through eighth grade, we offer fully virtual learning through the SchoolsPLP platform. SchoolsPLP is a fully online program, offering elementary and middle school students the opportunity to learn independently from home. The curriculum is aligned to Missouri Learning Standards and provides great flexibility as students have the ability to learn following their own schedules. Learn more about SchoolsPLP here.
Students in high school who are interested in virtual learning should contact their counselor to learn more about the course offerings available through LAUNCH.
All families are asked to make at least a semester commitment to a virtual learning option, limiting mid-year transitions between learning modes as has been the norm. To indicate a preference for virtual learning, please contact your child's school directly. For general questions, please contact Dr. Eric Sipes, Executive Director of Instructional Technology.
Information for 2023-24:
NKC Schools will continue to offer virtual options for students in the upcoming 2023-24 school year. For students in kindergarten through eighth grade, we will continue to offer fully virtual learning through the SchoolsPLP platform. For students in high school, NKC Schools will partner with LAUNCH to offer virtual courses and programming. Families interested in virtual learning should contact their student's school during the enrollment process.
Virtual Learning Readiness Checklist
Would virtual learning be a good fit for your student? As you consider selecting a virtual option, the following questions may be a helpful guide:
- Has your child demonstrated success in virtual learning previously?
- Has your child developed good time-management skills? Are they comfortable following a schedule and independently managing their work?
- Is your child comfortable asking for help?
- Does your child have the technical skills to successfully learn in a virtual setting?
- Why is NKC Schools continuing to offer a fully virtual learning option?
- Will both virtual learning options be offered for the entire school year?
- Is enrollment in a virtual option guaranteed once I make that decision?
- Will my child still be considered a student at their school and be able to participate in athletics or activities?
- Will my student ever be required to come to campus?
- Will my student be required to take state assessments?
- Can students work at their own pace?
- My student has a 504 plan or IEP. Can they choose virtual learning?
- My student attends SAGE. Can they choose virtual learning?
- Can my student come to campus for some classes?