Early College at MCC Maple Woods
The part-time NKC Schools Early College Academy is open to all students entering their junior or senior year of high school who meet the qualification standards outlined below. Students who pursue this opportunity will attend MCC-Maple Woods for half of the school day. Transportation will be provided for students who attend in the morning. Students engaged in Early College Academy are still considered full-time NKC Schools students and are eligible for all MSHAA athletics and activities.
Student Benefits and Outcomes
- Students will earn approximately 10–15 college hours/semester of enrollment at MCC-Maple Woods at NO COST to families (over $3,000 value).
- These college courses will concurrently count toward high school graduation requirements AND a college degree.
- These courses may be part of the Core 42 that are transferable to any publicly-funded 4-year college or university in Missouri (additional information on CORE 42 on the Early College Academy flyer).
- Students can make substantial progress toward earning an Associate of Arts degree if they choose that postsecondary path.
- Transportation will be provided for students from their home high school and back to their high school to complete their school day for MCC classes that begin at 8:00 a.m. and end by 11:00 a.m.
- Students are still eligible for MSHSAA athletics and activities.
Minimum Student Qualifications for Consideration
- Cumulative GPA of 2.75 or higher
- Official student disciplinary record from the school
- Recommendations from two teachers
- Record of 90% attendance
- College Readiness – Students need a qualifying ACT OR MCC Placement Test score that places them into college-level classes at MCC (additional information on ACT and MCC Placement Test is on the Early College Academy flier)
- Completed application and a signed agreement to abide by the expectations and responsibilities of the NKC Schools Early College Academy
- Completion of the MCC application for enrollment
- Two recommendations from teachers/coaches from with in past two years.
- Discussion with Assistant Director College and Career or designee.
The NKC Schools Early College Academy application is available online at google form, to the right. Please contact Ms. Gilliland with any questions.
Applications for 2024-25 open November 1, 2023 and are due no later than March 15, 2024.
Informational Meetings will begin in high schools in fall 2023 and winter 2024 (virtually and in person). Students should also check their school counseling sites.
Students and parents of potentially qualified students will receive an email before the 2023 winter break with details about informational meetings. Be sure to check your school email and parents the email you have in PowerSchool for this correspondence.
Application & Resources
Early College Academy FAQ
Questions from parent/student informational session.
Hear From Our Students!
Check out the videos below to hear about the Early College Academy at Maple Woods.
2021-2022 ECA Students
2020-2021 ECA Students
2019-2020 ECA Students