If you haven’t already done so, we encourage our students’ families to schedule annual well-child visits. It is important that children routinely receive preventive care. Data shows that healthy children tend to earn better grades, attend school more often, and display more positive behaviors in class.
Benefits of Well-Child Visits
- Preventive care (including immunizations)
- Following growth and developmental milestones
- Tracking social and emotional development
- A safe place to ask questions and raise concerns about your child’s health
- A team approach to healthcare that includes you, your child, and your child’s provider
- Obtaining resources to support your family’s needs.
For more information on well-child visits, finding a doctor, and other child health information, visit www.healthychildren.org.
For information and options on finding affordable, low, or no-cost health insurance, please visit CoverMissouri.org or call (800)466-3213.