AAPL & Perfect Attendance Payout: Deadline is Nov. 20!
Classified support staff employees (those who accrue monthly) with Annual Approved Paid Leave (AAPL) may be eligible to cash out unused AAPL to be paid out on December 22, including a Perfect Attendance incentive day if one has been earned this semester. To be eligible for the AAPL payout, a minimum of 30 days of Carryover Approved Paid Leave (CAPL) must be in your CAPL account. You may:
- Choose to have your AAPL cashed out. If you choose to receive payout for AAPL, ALL of your eligible accrued AAPL days will be cashed out, which will mean that only your Carryover Approved Paid Leave (CAPL) will remain. CAPL can ONLY be used for time off related to health issues. Most FMLA-qualifying events would allow for the use of CAPL.
- Choose to have your Perfect Attendance incentive cashed out. The 30-day minimum CAPL requirement does not apply to Perfect Attendance payout.
- Choose to have both cashed out. (Again, if you choose to receive payout for AAPL, you will cash out ALLof your eligible accrued AAPL days and only CAPL will remain.)
- Choose to have neither one cashed out.
If you choose not to request a payout, both AAPL and Perfect Attendance will be rolled into your CAPL account after the end of the school year. This will be the default choice if you take no action.
If you want to cash out your AAPL and/or your Perfect Attendance incentive day, you must sign on to Employee Online by Friday, November 20 and select your payout option. To review your accruals balance, please follow the instructions found here.
Employee Online Login Instructions
- Go to Employee Online at emponline.nkcschools.org/
- Log in with your regular network user name and password.
- To make your AAPL & Perfect Attendance Payout selection:
- From the menu on the left hand side of the screen, under “Benefits”, select “Leave Payout”.
- On the Leave Payout screen, choose “Edit” if you wish to change the “Leave Payout Selections” shown.
- After making your selections, click “Save”.
- Review the Leave Payout screen to make sure that your selections have been updated!
Further information about qualifying for this Cash Out option and for the Perfect Attendance Incentive can be found in Board policies:
PPE & Cleaning Protocols
As we prepare for our students’ return on Sep. 8, we have developed additional procedures to mitigate the risk in our buildings. In addition to requiring masks for all staff and students, NKC Schools will provide appropriate PPE and follow extensive cleaning protocols. For more details on procedures, purchasing and inventory, please see the following links:
Employee Assistance Program
An EAP (Employee Assistance Program) offers you and your immediate family members CONFIDENTIAL, personal and web-based support on a variety of topics such as stress management.
Carrier: Guardian/Integrated Behavioral Health
Customer Service: 800-386-7055
User Name: Matters
Access: 24 hours a day/7 days a week
Eligibility: NKC Schools Employees and Immediate Family Members
We know the COVID-19 pandemic has us all under more stress than normal. Please remember you have access to help through our EAP!
Return to School Plan for Employees
After months of planning and consulting with public health and medical professionals, the NKC Schools Return to School Plan is ready to share with district employees. Throughout the development of the plan, input from our stakeholder groups, including teachers and support staff, was incorporated to ensure representation of various perspectives and voices. The health and wellness of our school communities remains the top priority of our reopening efforts while allowing flexibility in an ever-changing world navigating the COVID-19 pandemic.
Key components of the plan include:
- Standard expectations for handwashing/sanitizing, social distancing, mask usage and cleaning/disinfecting.
- A preview of what the academic day will look like including changes to arrival/dismissal, lunch, recess and classroom activities including Encore classes.
- Possible scenarios for academic calendar changes should the health department recommend an alternative schedule due to COVID-19 cases.
- Social and emotional health considerations for students returning to school.
- How visitors to the building will be handled, limiting outside exposure to the coronavirus. This includes guidance on volunteers such as YouthFriends, business partners, chaperones and coaches.
- Human Resources protocols are outlined including processes for those experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 as well as those who may have been exposed to a positive COVID-19 case. Information is also included on how to handle being quarantined and guidance for returning to work.
- Building operations, activities and facility rentals are also addressed, establishing expectations for community members who wish to use our schools.
- How students will be kept safe on school buses as they travel to and from school.
Other documents to help guide you include COVID-19 Definitions, Employee Responsibilities and Frequently Asked Questions, District-Provided Leave Guidance and Families First Coronavirus Response Act Leave Guidance.
It is important to note that the practices outlined in this plan are subject to change as guidance evolves for COVID-19. We certainly do not have all the answers and anticipate revisions based on updated recommendations from public health agencies as well as lessons learned from daily experiences in our schools. Thank you to Adventure Club, summer school sites, Crestview, Winnwood and all who serve these programs for leading the way. It is important for the district to focus on making decisions that are best for students while also making every effort to maintain healthy working environments for teachers and staff. Your ongoing patience and understanding is appreciated as the district manages this complex reality.
Initially, the return to school may feel overwhelming, particularly balancing the excitement to serve students with personal health considerations. Should you have questions or concerns, begin with your immediate supervisor. Working together as a team, our NKC Schools family will successfully navigate any challenge and fulfill our mission to be champions for all students.
Thank you for your dedication and for taking this milestone journey with the district!
Attain by Aetna Program
Earn fun rewards by completing personalized activity goals* and achievable actions in Attain by Aetna app. Rewards can be earned over 24 months and include an Apple Watch or gift cards from popular retailers. This program is available to employees, spouses, dependents over the age of 18, and retirees enrolled in NKCS Medical Benefits. Learn more about the NKCS Attain by Aetna program.
**Goals and suggested health actions should not replace your doctor’s advice. If you have a medical condition that prevents you from meeting your goals, or if your doctor advises you not to take part in physical activity, there may be an opportunity for you to earn the same reward in a different way. Call 1-866-820-3731 (TTY: 711) to find out your options.