Summer Transition Program (Summer Stars)
New Mark Middle School offers a transition program (Summer Stars) for incoming 7th graders, or new students to the school district, to welcome students to New Mark. The program offers students the opportunity to get acclimated to New Mark before school starts in the fall. Students will participate in tours of the building, practice opening lockers, learn some of our school procedures (lunchroom, hallway, classroom, etc.), be introduced to school expectations, learn about Encore classes, get any questions answered, and so much more.
Things to know:
- Summer Stars is NOT Summer School.
- Summer Stars is a TWO day program (students should come both days).
- Summer Stars offers two different sessions.
- Summer Stars is from 8:00 am-11:00 am, BOTH days.
- Transportation for Summer Stars is provided to those students who are routed to ride a bus during the school year.
- Transportation will NOT be provided to a student if their enrollment form is turned in after Thursday, July 20, 2023.
Summer 2023 Sessions:
Session 1 - August 7th & 8th from 8:00am to 11:00am
Session 2 - August 9th & 10th from 8:00am to 11:00am
Questions regarding Summer Stars, please contact Marcy Santee directly.
2023 Summer Stars Transition Program Enrollment Form