Summer Transition Program (Summer Stars)
As of 7/30/20, SUMMER STARS HAS BEEN POSTPONED - NEW DATES TBD.
If you haven't signed up your student, please use this LINK to get your student signed up. If signing up after July 19th transportation will not be provided, you must provide your own transportation to and from.
ALL ENROLLMENT FORMS MUST BE EMAILED TO Marcy Santee.
New Mark Middle School offers a transition program (Summer Stars) for incoming 7th graders, or new students to the school district, to welcome students to New Mark. The program offers students the opportunity to get acclimated to New Mark before school starts in the fall. Students will participate in tours of the building, practice opening lockers, learn some of our school procedures (lunchroom, hallway, classroom, etc.), be introduced to school expectations, learn about Encore classes, get any questions answered, and so much more.
Things to know:
- Summer Stars is NOT Summer School.
- Summer Stars is a TWO day program (students should come both days).
- Summer Stars offers two different sessions.
- Summer Stars is from 8:00-11:00 am, both days.
- Transportation for Summer Stars is provided to those students who are routed to ride a bus during the school year.