North Kansas City Schools values parent and community involvement in our schools. The district uses many different methods to share information with all those we serve. We encourage you to follow along with news, updates and positive stories about all going on across our schools.
Follow NKC Schools
- Social media: Facebook, Twitter/X, Instagram and LinkedIn
- Video features and media coverage on YouTube
- District website at nkcschools.org
Receive Email Newsletters
Stay connected with NKC Schools through our newsletter delivered to your email inbox every other Tuesday! All district parents, as well as alumni and community members, automatically receive News from NKC Schools with updates, celebrations and upcoming events. Patrons are also welcome to sign up for our email newsletter if not already on our list.
From Your Student's School
Each of our schools also prioritizes communication with parents and community members. While each building utilizes different methods depending on their students' ages and needs, a few common methods include:
- Regular email updates and newsletters shared through Smore or a similar platform
- Emails, texts and phone calls sent through SchoolMessenger to the contact information you provide during enrollment
- To opt in to receive text messages, please text YES to 67587.
- Social media accounts on Facebook, Twitter/X and Instagram
- In alignment with our efforts to "go green" and minimize paper waste, building-wide letters and information are sent home in students' backpacks only in certain important circumstances.
- Your child's teacher may utilize a folder system, planner or other tool to help you stay up-to-date on classroom happenings.
There may occasionally arise a situation where the school needs to contact a parent quickly or in an emergency situation. It is vitally important that we have your correct, current contact information on file for these instances. If you would like to check or update your contact details, please contact your child's school.
In an emergency or if special precautions like a lockdown or other safety measures are implemented, NKC Schools may utilize any of the direct communication methods above to email, call or text parents and guardians. While we always aim to share information with families as quickly as possible, our first goal is to secure the building and ensure the safety of students and staff. Then, we are able notify families and staff of what we know and our next steps as needed. You can read more about our emergency response plans here.
For general questions, please feel free to contact NKC Schools via Let's Talk or email firstname.lastname@example.org. For further questions, please check your school's website or contact the school office.
Note: The district and schools' websites can be translated. Simply click the "Translate" button at the top of any page.
Nota: Se puede traducir todos de nuestros sitios web. Simplemente haga clic en el botón "Translate" en la parte superior de cualquier página.
Opt In to Text Messages
Parents and guardians are encouraged to sign up to receive text alerts from their student's school and the district. To opt in, text YES to 67587. Text messages are used to provide inclement weather updates and important reminders, and can be opted-out at any time.