Invitation to Participate: Title I Parental Involvement and Annual Parent Meeting 2017-2018
Friday, August 18th, 2017
Dear Title I Parent or Guardian:
Your child’s academic success is directly related to your involvement in his or her education and communication with our staff. By working together, we can provide the best possible educational experience for your child.
We would like to invite you to a meeting to discuss the Title I program in our school. At this meeting, we will also explain the requirements of Title I and provide a description of all services related to school and parent activities, including:
- Discussing our parental involvement policy;
- Informing you of the services available to eligible students and parents;
- Seeking suggestions for improving student academic achievement;
- Explaining your right to be involved in the Title I Program
In our ongoing effort to improve, we will also conduct an annual evaluation to determine the effectiveness of our parental involvement component of our Title I program later in the school year. This annual evaluation determines:
- How this policy’s implementation has contributed to our students’ academic progress in achieving content and performance standards;
- The removal of any barriers preventing parents from participating in partners in their child’s education
We will hold our annual Title I Meeting on Tuesday, August 29th, 2017 in the Davidson Elementary School gym at 4:30 p.m.
Please join us for this worthwhile meeting.
Ms. Anne Tate
Davidson Elementary School