MAP Testing for 3rd, 4th, and 5th Graders April 2 - May 18
Our 3rd, 4th, and 5th graders will be participating in the Missouri Assessment Program (MAP) April 2 - May 18 throughout the day. The following are some suggestions on how you can help support our efforts during the testing process:
- Make sure your child is at school and on time every day of the testing period.
- Make sure your child gets a good night's sleep and a healthy breakfast. Children do better if they are well rested and alert. Remember breakfast may be purchased at school for $1.35
- Let your child know that you expect her/him to do the best she/he can. Reassure your child that taking a test should not be different than any other school assignment. We do not want children to worry about the test, but we want them to understand that it is important.
- Do not make appointments during testing times.
- Do not withdraw students from school early on testing days.
*Students arriving after 9:30 AM will be held in the library and will have to make up the test
New Home Run Derby Attendance Challenge
Attendance is very important. In order for your student to be successful, he/she must regularly attend school. To stay on track with our rigorous curriculum, it is important to be present. Every instructional minute matters.
In an effort to boost attendance, we will be starting an Attendance Homerun Derby Challenge for all K-5 classes. Each classroom has a "bobblehead" on the bulletin boards in the front of our building that will run the bases throughout the next several weeks based upon their class' average attendance for the week.
- 98-100% Attendance = Homerun
- 95-97% Attendance = 3rd Base
- 92-94% Attendance = 2nd Base
- 90-91% Attendance = 1st Base
Please help your child's class win the challenge by ensuring your student is present at school, on time, everyday, for the full-day!
2017-2018 Parent Handbook
Links are available to students to popular programs provided by NKC Schools. Find the link under Resources at left, under Quick Links above or by clicking here!
Mid-Continent Public Library offers students K-12 live homework help from tutor.com. It is FREE. Students just need to register and get a card. Tutor.com will connect students with live, expert tutors for one-to-one help with their homework assignments. They can use Tutor.com from their home computer or inside the library to complete assignments and improve grades.
Direct questions about the program to Mid Continent Public Library at email@example.com. Register to get a card at https://www.mymcpl.org/catalog/get-card. The link to get started is: https://www.mymcpl.org/homework.