Our school closing policy has one aim - to ensure the safety of our students. School may start two hours late; students may be released early; or classes may be canceled entirely due to inclement weather. Please be familiar with the following information sources in the event of school cancellations, early release or late start.
North Kansas City Schools provides several ways for you to get the latest information on district school closings, including early release or a two-hour delayed start on days when weather is hazardous:
- District Website: www.nkcschools.org provides the notification of school closings and other cancellations within minutes of a decision.
- SchoolMessenger: Phone, email and optional text messages are sent to school families when classes are canceled, delayed or students are released early.
- To opt-in to receive text message alerts, text "Yes" to 68453.
- Social Media: We will post information at facebook.com/NKCSchools and twitter.com/NKCSchools.
- Radio & TV: Local stations share announcements on-air and on their websites.
For those who received a letter this fall from Transportation regarding snow routes, alternate routes have been posted on the Transportation page at: http://www.nkcschools.org/transportation.