UPDATE (Monday, July 23 at 2:20 p.m.): We are aware that the registration system is experiencing slow response times and have been in contact with PowerSchool. They are investigating the issue and working diligently to restore performance to target levels. We appreciate your patience and encourage you continue trying to register your students.
Families have convenient 24-hour a day, seven day a week access to the online registration feature. If you do not have Internet access, please contact your attending school for dates you can come to the building to register. Computers and staff will be available to help you.
NEW Families for 2018-19: Please click here to enroll for the 2018-19 school year. After you create an account, click on "New Student Registration 2018-2019".
Families of RETURNING students (students who completed the 2017-18 school year or students who attended Summer School in June 2018):
Follow these steps to complete registration:
- Create your account in PowerSchool Parent Portal. Click here for directions. (Parents may have this step completed from previous year. You must have an account created in Parent Portal to complete the registration process.)
- Follow the link in the Parent Portal to complete the registration process.
What information do I need to fill out the form?
In order to save time, it is important to gather required documents that will be needed for registration and ensure you have access to update your student's medical and personal information. The required documents include:
- Updated medical information including an up-to-date Immunization Record.
- Updated personal records. For example:
- Current home addresses
- Updated cell phone numbers to contact guardians
- Updated cell phone numbers for emergency contacts
Need additional information? Click here for complete details about Parent Portal and the online registration feature.
Proof of Residence
Each student registering to enroll in the North Kansas City Schools is required to provide proof of residency documentation during the enrollment process. The proof of residency documentation includes two forms:
- A current rental agreement, mortgage statement or property tax receipt, AND
- A current utility bill (gas, water, electric) upon which your address is printed
This requirement is consistent with Missouri Law and reflected in the Board of Education policies of North Kansas City Schools.
Providing the required proof of residency documentation will allow the district to maintain accurate student records and help ensure district resources are being used for the students, parent and community members of North Kansas City Schools.
We are excited to provide online registration to the parents, and guardians, of the North Kansas City Schools. If you need any help with the process, or additional information, don’t hesitate to contact your current building administrative team.